Saturday 24 August 2013

No. 15…

IMG_7723

Earlier this week I met a friend in Angles sur L’Anglin. We had a walk around the lanes and along the river and ended up at Number 15. This is a lovely tea room which opened a few months ago. The decor is wonderful, the cakes delicious and the welcome from Nick and Nadia warm and friendly.

IMG_7717

IMG_7718

IMG_7720  

I know that I shall be calling in whenever I’m in the village. Not good for the waistline, but certainly good for the feel good factor. They serve a wide range of teas, cakes and pastries using some beautiful crockery. They also serve light meals and a daily menu, all at very reasonable prices.

IMG_7714

IMG_7715 

Pop in if you are in the area. You can sit inside or on one of the shaded terraces. Take a few minutes to listen to the birds and the river. You won’t be disappointed…

5 comments:

  1. Ah, scones! Très British. P.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that town, next time I will remember the tea room as well :-) Have a great Sunday Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, how lovely!
    Gaynor, I meant to remind you to have a wander up to Lurais next time you were near by. Things coming to a head re. my little house there and I am going to put it up for auction. With a heavy heart but I'd rather just be rid of the joint ownership and his nibs isn't coming up with any money from his end to keep it. If you do plan another visit to the lovely Angles sur l'Anglin - let me know and I'll send you the directions. But only IF!! Axxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely looking place. Tea and scones is always wonderful, and in such surroundings, must have been great. Jx

    ReplyDelete
  5. That does sound like a great place for a nice bite or une petite patisserie! It looks très sympa too!

    ReplyDelete