Friday 31 October 2014

Hallowe’en 2014…

Tim has once again been busy preparing for the arrival of the village children, dressed up in their ghostly finery, to collect their bonbons. Our neighbour Beber, the ancient baker (his son in law Pascal is the young baker), kindly gave us the pumpkins from his garden.

P1010842

A bat…

P1010843

A pirate ship…

P1010844

and a ghost…

P1010845

I think he has excelled himself, and has the callouses on his hands to show for his efforts! Here are his 2012 and 2013 offerings.

Any suggestions for 2015?

UPDATE: Just as I was about to post there was a hammering on the door. About twenty small children carrying bags and buckets streamed in to collect their sucettes. Thank goodness I’d bought an enormous bag! Unfortunately my camera wasn’t handy!

Next year I think I’ll make some cupcakes…

halloween_cupcake_ideas_spider_webs_1348188387

Google image.

6 comments:

  1. They are good ones again, Tim...
    I especially like the "Scream"ing ghost!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing happening around here in the country,all quiet and peaceful LOL. Love those pumpkins. Have a good weekend Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pumpkins. We had goody bags ready for our neighbours children, but they didn't show up :( x

    ReplyDelete
  4. They're superb! I like the owl. A good use for this type of pumpkin.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, everyone. I think its going to become a bit of a tradition!
    What will he do for next year...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job, Tim - hope they were appreciated and I also hope you put the centres to good use!
    I bet the local children would enjoy a good bonfire on 5th too....Axxx

    ReplyDelete